New Beginnings

By Thursday, January 29, 2015

After 12 years of school it has finally come to a screeching end. How bizarre. Within two months of finishing, reality has already sunk in deeply. I've come to the realization that I now have to move onto the next chapter of my life. I have to do adult things now... I cooked dinner? I feel like my mother was really waiting for that day haha and don't even get me started on trying to find a part time job, oh my. Employers? I'm here and ready. 

On a serious note though, as a high school student from the moment I started year 10 I was bombarded with millions of questions about what I wanted to do at the end of year 12. Did I want to go to uni, travel the world, work for a year? At 15 years old that was a little scary. Lucky enough for me I already had my own little plan in my head and I had my heart set on what I wanted to be. A filmmaker. Ever since then I've aimed for that goal and now it has come to the time where I have to patiently wait for my orientation and first day of university. 

Before that chapter of my life begins though, I'd like to remember all of the memories I've created throughout my schooling life and I hope that I never forget them. I can already notice that time spent with my high school friends has already dropped rapidly. Everybody has things to do and places to be and its understandable, we all knew that this time was coming so we cherished the 6 hours we spent together 5 days a week for 3 years. Even though I am quite happy to have graduated year 12 and have moved on to 'adult school' I still think I'll honesty miss it. Mostly the tuck shop food, that's where most of my money was spent if I'm being honest haha. Times are different now and change is coming. It's good.

Now onto the new beginnings. I guess i'll just have to wait until it happens. I don't have a clue what it's going to be like but I'm so very excited! and a little nervous. What I'm trying to get at with this post is that even though one door is closing there should be no reason why a second one shouldn't open. Embrace the future and cherish the past. Welcome your new beginnings.

J.R xo

...........

0 comments